My version is gluten free but you can substitue whole wheat flour (you are only using a tablespoon) instead of my corn meal suggestion. The corn meal adds to the Southwest flavor!
6 egg whites
1 cup Skim Milk
1 TBS yellow corn meal
1/4 cup of Kroger Frozen Southwest Blend Vegetables
5 slices smoked turkey (deli style)
5 Mission brand 'Extra Thin Corn Tortillas' (less calories than regular)
1 ounce shredded 2% milk fat mild cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray an 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray
- Heat 1/4 cup of the Southwest Blend veggies in a microwave safe bowl with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds to make soft.
- Add a slice of turkey and small spoonfull of Southwest veggies to each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish
- Mix milk, egg whites and corn meal with wire whisk until well combined (I add a dash of sea salt for flavor)
- Pour egg mixture over tortillas in dish. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.
- Sprinkile with cheese and bake remaining 5 minutes (or until cheese is melted...I also like to turn on the broiler to make the top crispy)
Nutrition Facts (for half the dish - 2.5 enchiladas):
I like to serve mine with a side of my favorite veggies with some salsa on top! Today it was broccoli, sugar snap peas and carrots - yummm!!