Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Healthy Brunch for Two

This is one of my faves!  In fact....I made it for lunch today and kept the 'two' part for tomorrow's lunch - yummm!

My version is gluten free but you can substitue whole wheat flour (you are only using a tablespoon) instead of my corn meal suggestion.  The corn meal adds to the Southwest flavor!

Ingredients:
6 egg whites
1 cup Skim Milk
1 TBS yellow corn meal
1/4 cup of Kroger Frozen Southwest Blend Vegetables
5 slices smoked turkey (deli style)
5 Mission brand 'Extra Thin Corn Tortillas' (less calories than regular)
1 ounce shredded 2% milk fat mild cheddar cheese

-  Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
-  Spray an 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray
-  Heat 1/4 cup of the Southwest Blend veggies in a microwave safe bowl with a lid for 5 minutes. 
-  Heat tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds to make soft.
-  Add a slice of turkey and small spoonfull of Southwest veggies to each tortilla.  Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish
-  Mix milk, egg whites and corn meal with wire whisk until well combined (I add a dash of sea salt for flavor)
-  Pour egg mixture over tortillas in dish.  Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes
-  Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes.
-  Sprinkile with cheese and bake remaining 5 minutes (or until cheese is melted...I also like to turn on the broiler to make the top crispy)
Nutrition Facts (for half the dish - 2.5 enchiladas):


Calories290
Fat5g
Carbohydrates33g
Fiber2g


I like to serve mine with a side of my favorite veggies with some salsa on top!  Today it was broccoli, sugar snap peas and carrots - yummm!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I see you have something on your arm. Is it the body bugg? If so what do you think of it? I'm researching the newest one that syncs with iPhones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot say enough good things about the bodybugg- it is how I lost all my weight in conjuntion with healthy eating and my workouts. It is the only device on the market that accurately calculates your calories burned throughout the day. All you do is log your food, plug in your bodybugg and let it upload your calories burned and the software calculates your deficit. If you are in a 500 calorie deficit everyday - you are on track to lose 1 lb per week... 1,000 calories per day - 2 lbs per week. It is seriously amazing! I don't know how people do it without it!

    ReplyDelete