This is a simple, quick recipe you can whip up in 2 minutes - literally! It came from a meal plan I was building for a clint that told me she loved hummus and needed a snack with hummus. It was lacking the protein she needed with only the hummus, thus this yummy dip!
Tarrah's Sante Fe Shrimp Dip:
- (2) 10oz. containers of hummus (try to get a regular flavor or blended flavor but not one with added oils, nuts, etc - these just add calories)
- (1) 8oz jar of salsa - I LOVE World Table's 'Roasted Tomato Chipotle Rioja (from WalMart!) - adds an amazing flavor to the dip!
- (1) 12oz bag frozen, pre-cooked shrimp (deveined and tails removed) can find at any grocer store
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning
- Bell Peppers and Cucumbers for Dipping
Thaw shrimp under cold water for 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and dry on paper towels. Combine the hummus, salsa and shrimp in a mixing bowl and stir until combined. Add avocado and fold into hummus mixture. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash seasoning and serve with peppers and cucumbers - or 'Guiltless Gourmet Baked, no Sodium Added Tortilla Chips' - mmmm!
Serving = 1/2 cup of dip