So here it is - I am sharing with YOU, my readers, the Top 5 Secrets to MY OWN weight loss that will are GREAT healthy lifestyle changes for everyone to impliment!
1.) EAT smaller meals throughout the day instead of 2 or 3 large meals
- Try to eat more like 5 or 6 meals - breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack
2.) LIMIT unhealthy foods like fast foods, processed foods, sugar, etc.
- If it comes in a box? PUT IT BACK! Try to eat foods that come in their whole form
- Lean proteins, whole grains, fruits, veggies and healthy fats like avocado - mmm!
- Allow yourself these 'treat' foods no more than 2x a week
3.) MOVE! Weight loss is all about calories in vs. calories out so you have to get that body moving! Some things I used to do when I was losing weight:
- Park your car far away from the grocery store or gym and forcer yourself to walk further!
- Take the stairs everyday instead of the elevator
- Walk just 10-20 minutes on your lunch break
- Park at one end of the mall when the store you are headed to is on the other!
- Do things that you ENJOY so you wont feel like its a workout! Hike, bike, walk the dogs, etc
4.) CREATE a habit with workouts! Schedule it in to your daily life and do it consistently just 14 days - and you've created a habit! (you will feel so good you wont be able to stop!)
- Do things you LOVE like kickboxing, spinning, etc - make it FUN!
- Get your family involved in a weekly activity like softball or a hike or fun run!
- Go to the gym for some 'you time' each day and treat yourself to a steam room or whirlpool session at the end!
5.) ALLOW yourself to be human! Have some ice cream, drink another glass of wine. Just go RIGHT back to healthy eating and your habitual workouts the next day! Follow the 95/5 Rule: 95% of the time eat delicious healthy foods and 5% allow yourself the things you crave!
- The difference between people who have committed to a healthy lifestyle and those that haven't is that those committed don't let a 'treat' or an unhealthy meal get them down. They eat it, enjoy it and go RIGHT back to healthy eating the next day!
- Remember you are ALLOWED to treat yourself and enjoy yourself - just make the treats 'special occasions' and you will create the HABIT of eating healthy 95% of the time!
Last week to vote - help me become the Women's Health 'Next Fitness Star' by voting EVERYDAY at www.thenextfitnessstar.com