Friday, June 15, 2012

'Mock-A-Mole'

I HAD to share this one!  In preparation for my 3 P's Plan, Prepare and Pack cooking class tomorrow, I have been playing with some recipes to present to everyone for appetizer-type foods.

But, as always, I tried to figure out how to make it a meal for my clients!

A while back, I saw a recipe for a guacamole made with green peas and avocados along with several spices, tomatoes, onions, etc.  I LOVE guacamole but have to stay away form it because I know I will overeat.  While avocados are an excellent source of healthy fats, too much is not a good thing!  All guacamole is - is fat and sodium with veggies.  There are worse things to eat - yes - but WHAT IF I could bring in my world famous PCH (Protein + Carb + Helathy Fat) into guacamole and make it an actual meal?

Well....I did!

Let me present: 'Mock-A-Mole' - serve it with a side of grilled chicken, brown rice crackers for dipping and some fresh bell pepper and cucumber slices for dipping - and you have a PCH meal thats a WINNER:


Ingredients:
1 avocado, peeled
1 container fresh pico, drained
½ cup Green Peas, steamed
1/2 Firm Tofu package
1 TBS Mrs. Dash Chipotle Spice
Squeeze of fresh lime juice


Directions:
Place all ingredients into a food processor or Magic Bullet and pulse until combined and creamy.  Can also mix with a hand mixer in a bowl

Nutrition Info:
Serving Size:
½ cup of ‘Mock-a-Mole’ (Recipe makes about 1 ½ cups)
Calories
83.1
Fat
5.6g
Carbohydrates
7.3g
Protein
2.7g


** If you are having people over and want to serve this as an app - you can always double the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment