Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's Work

Yup...it sure is.  Losing weight is work - it isn't always fun, glamorous, wonderful and feel good but damnit if it doesn't feel SO good to get to your goals!  And it's not just about aesthetics - it's about overall health and fitness. 

Weight loss, muscle gain, toning - it all takes work....and not just in the gym (as many people fail to realize) but also in the kitchen, at the restaurant, at the office party, at the baby shower - anywhere there is food.  And not just here either - at the computer logging your food or on that food log sheet your trainer so lovingly asks you to bring in each week.  It's all WORK. 

But isn't everything in life?  Aren't relationships work?  Isn't cooking work?  Taking your kids to school, doing the laundry....the list goes on and on.  But you still complete your tasks because there is an end goal.  To have a clean house, a happy marriage, a nice meal for dinner.  And there is an end goal to fitness and nutrition to: to be in shape, to lose weight, to gain muscle, to ward off diseases, to stay mobile, etc.

Everyone always tells me how much work it is to plan meals, go to the grocery store so often, pack and prepare and most of all....log food.  But it really isn't - not if you make it part of your daily life just like showering or brushing your teeth.  Every week I cook food for the week; every day I pack my food for the next day; every night I log my food I ate throughout the day.  Yes it takes some time and effort but how else would I ever reach my goals if I did not?  How else would your house ever be clean if you didn't take the time to clean it?

I challenge you to make these things part of your daily life this year in 2011 - make nutrition an everyday item from planning to packing and prepping and yes....logging.  You WILL reach your goal.... and your body, mind and spirit will take notice ....and also your Doctor, people on the street, your girlfriend, husband.......

;-)  Happy New Year 2011 - LET'S GET TO WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment